Saturday, April 23, 2005

Roberts Losing His Touch?

As much as I love Russel Roberts I was a bit disappointed with his post responding to Paul Krugman's latest healthcare article.

His responce basically comes down to begging the question ("No one wants single payer health care, after all noone goes to Canada for it") and complaining about Krugman refering to pro-market solutions as religious-esque--motivated by faith and not reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Roberts' blog-mate Don Boudreaux say the exact same thing about the "other side" when he compared "liberals" to Creationists? Where were Robert's complaints then? Is it different when we talk about "liberals"/"statists"?

I consider myself a libertarian, but I ussually expect better arguments from Cafe Hayek. This isn't the first time they've let me down, though. I think preaching to the choir at GMU has gone to their heads and made them soft.